Friday, February 26, 2016

Why Do I Hate Trump?

I was asked not that long ago why do I hate Donald Trump. I want to make it clear that I do not hate Donald Trump. As a matter of fact I do not hate anybody. In my personal life I make a commitment to love everybody, even those I disagree with. I will send a letter to President Obama every year. I did not vote for the man, but I respect the office. I have had people stalk me, call my work place and spread lies about me, yet I do not hate them. Often times when one is filled with hate, they tend to do awful things. Hate tends to take over a person. Often times that will lead to intolerance. Once one falls into hate, they become more close-minded. I believe that is why Donald Trump is winning now. He has tapped into the hatred of American politics. Washington DC is broken. Everybody knows it! Donald sees that and reaches people from all over the political spectrum. Donald represents an angry group of people. People who have finally had enough. It will probably be the reason Donald wins the presidency. What I am doing is trying to stay as rational as possible. I do not believe Donald is the best thing for this country. This country has been full of anger for a while, and people want a change. So they are now turning to someone who sees that and is tapping into that anger. An angry president does not make a good president. A billionaire does not make a good president. Someone with character makes a good president. Someone who is a man (or woman) of principle makes a good president. Do I have to agree with them 100% on the issues? No, but I do not think I agree with anybody on this earth 100%. I just do not see Donald as a man of character or principle. That is why I cannot vote for the guy. If he wins, then America will have spoken, and I will give him the same treatment I have given every President I have had since becoming an adult. I will pray for him. I will ask that he is given wisdom. For he will be my president.

My thoughts for the reader: Do not give into hatred. We are better than that. Love one another. We cannot continue to divide ourselves. We are polarized today because of hatred. We will not even sit down at the table together to come up with solutions. That must change! You may have wanted a leader of hope and change! You may want America to be great again! You may want a leader who can fix all our problems! Honestly, that will only happen if you start from within. You need to be filled with hope! You need to be the one to go and do something great! You need to be the one to start working on the problems. When you do that, maybe someone will take notice. Just remember it starts with you , and it starts with love.

No comments:

Post a Comment