Friday, October 8, 2010

"Decision Points"

President Bush is coming out with a book on November 9th called Decision Points."It's about the decisions I made as president, and it's very anecdotal. Here are the stories, and you can decide what you would have done," he was quoted as saying in the Press-Register of Mobile. Now many of you may be wondering why I would bring this up. Well it is simple. Many people have told me, "You should respect President Obama," or 'Obama is your President. You need to show him respect." I don't know about you, but I was always taught respect is earned. As stated in my previous blog Obama is not listening, and because of that he is doing nothing to gain my respect. Now I may not agree with many of the things George Bush did, such as TARP and No Child Left Behind, but as time goes on Bush has earned respect. One reasonI think why is because he has become a target of both Democrats and President Obama since he left office, and he has refused to comment on the current state of political affairs. He said, "You're not going to see me out opining or offering my critique. Frankly, I don't think it's good for the country to have a former president criticize his successor." Now Many people may disagree with me, but a July Gallup Poll has Bush's approval rating after leaving office is up to 45% which just so happens to be Obama's current approval rating. I believe history will be a lot nicer to Bush than Obama. 

No comments:

Post a Comment