Friday, January 1, 2010

When will they learn

It is the new year, and one of the things I decided to do is start a blog. Now, I tried to think what I should blog about, and the one thing I figured I should do is write about the world of politics. One day I would like to possibly run for political office, but the bitter taste that has come about recently has started to make me wonder. At this moment I cant stand either party. I do consider myself a conservative, and I dont agree with 95% of what this administration is doing, but the bigger problem is Congress. I was reading online about Senator Sheldon Whitehouse, and how took shots at those who are not supporting the president's health care legislation. During a floor speech, he excoriated Senate GOP members for up holding the pending health care bill and accused their supporters of being birthers and fanatics in right-wing militia and Aryan support groups. He started off by citing an editorial from the Manchester Journal Inquirer, which used insults like "lunatic fringe."

He then had this to say: "They are desperate to break this president. They have ardent supporters who are nearly hysterical at the very election of President Barack Obama. The birthers, the fanatics, the people running around in right-wing militia and Aryan support groups, it is unbearable to them that President Barack Obama should exist. That is one powerful reason. It is not the only one."(Loudobbs.com)

It is people like this that make me angry. He has no idea who these people are, he just makes assumptions based on the fact that they dont like a democratic led Health bill. And it is not just democrats.

Republicans deserved to lose power when they did. They had a chance to keep up the budget surpluses through the Clinton administration and failed. They spent without regard on how we are going to pay for it. Now they are trying to pull the Tea Party groups to their side, saying they believe in being fiscally conservative. It is my opinion that we need to open our eyes, and look at how the politicians are treating us. They believe we are stupid. They believe they can do as they please. Now is a time for change. A change that only we can bring. It involves research, it involves staying involved in current events and how our leaders act. If they cannot stand for the American people, then they need removed from office, and people who will stand up for our rights, and the constitution need to be voted in, even if that means voting for a new party.

No comments:

Post a Comment