Saturday, January 30, 2010

The Right Call

The jury deliberated for just 37 minutes before finding Scott Roeder, guilty of premeditated, first-degree murder for putting a gun to the forehead of Abortion Doctor George Tiller on May 31 and pulling the trigger. Before I start, I want to say I am a Pro-Life person. I do not believe that abortion should be allowed, and that it is killing unborn babies. I believe that Dr. Tiller was wrong in providing abortions, and that the church he was attending should not have allowed him to have any role in the church. Especially when it came to late term abortions. You see, as a child that was born three months premature, I find it very difficult to see how late term abortions are justified. As a Christian, I cant see how abortions can be justified. I know the whole, "it is my body" argument, but that does not work. A baby's heart can be heard as early as 5 weeks. I know, because I heard one. How is another living being part of your body? If you have an unexpected pregnancy you cant take it out on the unborn baby, they did nothing wrong. Now back to Scott Roeder. What he did was equally wrong, and he deserves maximum time. You cant go and murder someone and then try and bring abortion as the reason why you killed the man. Blowing up clinics and killing doctors is not going to reverse Roe v. Wade. What we need to continue doing is making our case in a civil manner, because killing people makes everyone look bad.

1 comment: